Monday, June 11, 2007

What's in a nose?

Well that all depends.

If you're Simon it could be a finger, a green bean, a pencil, a pen, a crayon, a straw, candy, any toy that would fit, play dough, food from dinner, most anything really.

If you're Simon's mommy you might be called upon to retrieve a sundry of items from his nose. He starts kind of whining around like something hurts and first thing I do is look up his nose.

Most of the time things don't get stuck, but I've gotten two beads from one nostril (that was a little scary), a seed from a tree, peas, corn, a chocolate chip (a desecration of chocolate!) and of course pulled many a thing from danger of being shoved up there.

I'm working with him to teach him to "snuff" it out and that's worked for some things. Of course I'm trying to teach him not to put anything in his nose, but that's not going so well. Obviously.

I want to know why. Why the fasination? From my other two boys I think they have each had nose trouble one time, but Simon it's numerous times a day.

No comments: