Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tales from the Urinal

Simon has a habit of peeing on the floor after he gets out of the bathtub. I sit him on his little potty before getting in the tub, but so far nothing has happened. The other night Tim was drying Simon off and all of a sudden I hear, "No Simon! Don't pee on the floor!" I look in the bathroom and Tim is standing in front of the toilet with Simon standing on his shoes so he's tall enough to stand to pee and Tim's telling him to pee. And he does! Only a little, but he does.

After his next bath, the same scenario, dribble on the floor, Tim takes him to the toilet. So I figured once he had peed we were good to go so as I helped the other boys dry off I let Simon run naked. This is my third boy, when is it exactly that I'll learn?

He pushed a dump truck in our bedroom and I went to check on him and he looked at me and said, "Pee" Of course there was a puddle on our floor. Obviously the diaper went on quickly.

Then last night I got him dried off after his bath and right away stood him up to the toilet and told him to pee and he strained for a few seconds but then really went, not just a dribble, but really went. I'm so proud! Maybe he'll be quick to train like Eli was. At least if we can get the bathtime/bedtime routine down we'll be in a good place to start.

After he dirties his diaper I ask him if he has a dirty diaper and he points to his diaper and trys to say diaper. Then I say do you want changed? He'll say, "yeah" and follow me to the changing table to get him changed. I think we're on the right path...

No comments: