Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sneaky

On the weekends I'm home at naptime, which can be a challenge some days. I got Simon and Noah in their beds and let Eli go outside with Tim. Once the little ones are asleep I usually have Eli lay down for a little while.

I went back downstairs to do whatever it was I was doing, and then a few minutes later I heard footsteps. Then yelling. It's Noah yelling, "Get back in bed!"

So I sneak up the stairs to catch them or him, as the case may be, in the act. I almost get to the door and the floor squeaks and gives me away.

Next thing I know Noah's bedroom door slams and I heard little running footsteps. I opened the door quietly and popped my head in. Noah was laying in bed; it hadn't been him. He's mellowing out to be a such a good little boy.

I rounded the corner through the bathroom to the nursery and see Simon scrambling to climb back up in his bed. Going just as fast as his chubby little body can, while still carrying his Grinch.

He had been in Noah's room and heard me coming. So he ran to the door to slam it so I couldn't get in and then took off to get in bed before I got to him so he wouldn't get in trouble.

I'm pretty sure we're in for it with that kid!

No comments: