Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bird?

We've seen a strange new bird around our house lately. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's some kind of hawk. I took a picture to see if you could help identify it. Tell me in the comments what you think it is.

Oh, that's right, it's a mohawk!

Eli's cousin showed up at Grandpa's viewing with a "faux-hawk" so when it came time for hair cuts later in the week Eli asked for a mohawk. Tim was a little hesitant at first, but I'm all, "It's hair. It grows back. It's a battle we don't need to fight. Besides it's summer, he's had his birthday pictures and school doesn't start for a while and by then if he doesn't want it anymore it'll be all grown out!"

I scored some "cool Mom" points for that one!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

My 3 year old nephew currently has a "faux-hawk." He isn't as big of a fan of is now that he has one as he was when he requested it. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay--of all the moms I know, I'd have picked you as DEAD LAST on the list of those who would let her kid have a mohawk!

HOW COOL is he????!! I love it!

McBorn said...

Now I just want to see him spike it with gel and hair spray! Are there any more aspiring "hawks" flying around, I wonder?