Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dessert

We had a late dinner, it was bedtime and Eli said, "Can I have a popsicle?"

"No, you had cake and ice cream and sherbert today. I don't think any of us need anything sweet."

He replies, "Well I didn't have cake."

I said, "I know, but you did have dessert and we're not having dessert again today."

Eli didn't argue any more, since he's finally learned when he's not going to be able to change my mind. However, not everyone has learned that just yet.

Simon pipes up with, "Can I have a popsicle?"

"No Simon, you had cake and ice cream today too."

"I didn't have cake."

"Yes you did. You ate all the icing and then didn't want to eat the rest, remember?"

"Well, that's not cake! I didn't eat cake!"

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I wish Daniel would learn when to stop arguing. He will argue until he is blue in the face I swear.

Deanna said...

Smooth talker Simon!