Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quiet

I've been quiet on the blog the last few days. I guess I don't have anything to say? That's hard to believe if you know me very well!

Maybe I've been busy? Not more that usual I'd say.

I have been cooking some good stuff lately though. Which is totally fun and a good outlet for me. We had quesadillas with guacamole and pico de gallo last week. This week we've had stuffed green peppers and chimichangas with guacamole and pico de gallo again. I'd never made guac before and it was super easy so that was nice. Next week a new thing we're having is grilled chicken kabobs, I think Tim will appreciate them. I'd like to have steak kabobs but we're out of beef. I did put an order in for half a steer this week and we'll have that in about a month so that will be good. I love pork-which our freezer is currently full of, but I sure miss my steaks and hamburger!

My mom is trying to hook me up with a bread maker, a friend of hers (ours) mentioned she's getting rid of hers so hopefully I can get that and it works. I'd love to move away from store bought bread for our everyday bread needs but I'm just not going to bake bread from scratch all the time, though I'd like to.

Tim and I have so enjoyed the fresh pico de gallo I made that we are really on board with a little gardening to make it more affordable. Cilantro is a little pricey I think. We're thinking of doing some container gardening with green peppers, jalapenos, cilantro, and tomatoes. Possibly onions and garlic as well. I was super excited about it because Tim usually poo-poos my gardening ideas. And I need help with a garden so we haven't had a garden since we've lived at our current house, but if he's on board then we're good to go.

I think this weekend is going to be about getting some flowers for some new pots we just got for our front sidewalk and some veggies to grow, obviously I'll get the plants as I've missed the boat for growing them from seed. There's next year though!

Maybe I just have spring fever so I haven't been blogging much.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

OOO that makes me want some guacamole. I used to cook at a Mexican Restaurant and I LOVE guac. I think I could eat it on anything

Deanna said...

Growing cilantro is definitely much more affordable and better anyway! :) Good luck with the gardening!