Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boot Camp Update

Boot Camp went reasonablely well. Not potty trained yet, but he's well on his way. He's been hard though because he's so independent and doesn't want you to tell him when to go for a bathroom break. But, luckily, I'm the mom, and I'm more stubborn than he is. That trait has served me well as a mother.

He's doing pretty well in his "little boy" bed too. Please be aware he is not a "big boy", if you make that mistake and call him a big boy he'll tell you, "I not big boy, I just a little guy." Indeed.

He is such a Mama's boy though, but not in the sense you think of generally when you think of a Mama's boy. I know him so well and we work together so well that he has his best behavior when he's with me. Not like he comes crying to me to get his way, not at all. He'll take care of himself and hit or bite or kick or grab or whatever he thinks is necessary to get what he thinks is rightfully his. We're still working on appropriate ways to communicate aside from physical violence. We'll get there, it's just a long road.

I'm hoping to be more regular in my posting now that soccer is over (all but tournaments this weekend) and two more weeks of our seasonal business and then I should have a little more free time. I can't believe that we're almost to November already, 2010 is going fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 Ps... Potty-training, Patience, and Perseverance. The first is for Jesse, the second for Mom and Dad, and the third for Mom and Dad also. It will be worth it in the end, so carry on!