Tuesday, February 07, 2012

It must be Sunday!

On Sunday mornings a lot of times Tim gets up and gets the fires going and then makes eggs for breakfast. I take the opportunity to not jump out of bed like I do during the week and leisurely get ready. Then when I get downstairs there is often a plate of eggs for me too. Which is nice. I'm a little bit spoiled!

Generally too, since church doesn't start until 10:00 we are much more laid back as compared to the weekdays when the boys are on the bus at 7:30 and even Saturdays when Eli has to be at the tutor's by 8:30 and I have appointments at 9:00. So I'll go to Tim and give him a kiss, or he'll come to me, but it's generally a "real" kiss and not just a quick peck like on a Tuesday when I'm scurring out to get the boys on the bus and get me to work on time.

And per usual, the boys always watch. They act as though it's gross and they hate it, but they love it! This particular Sunday Tim came to me and kissed me and Noah said, "Well, it must be Sunday."

We looked at him and asked, "Why?"

He smiled and said, "It's always a longer kiss on Sunday."

Indeed child, indeed.

So now that's our Sunday mantra, Kiss longer on Sunday. It's good, you should try it too!

No comments: