Monday, March 24, 2014

Hard Sleepers

Most of my boys need to get up in the night to go to the bathroom, however Simon is such a hard sleeper he can never wake up to go. So he still wears pull-ups at night. Poor kid.

We have tried a variety of things, including an alarm clock that we set for the middle of the night, but he would never hear it. So one day last week we go the bright idea to put it in bed with him. Simon thought it was a great idea-it's a Yoda Lego clock so that was fun for him. Seemed to work, he woke up.

Well last night I found the clock in the dining room. ? I have no idea.

When I went to bed I tucked Yoda into bed with Simon. So he didn't know it was going to be there. A little while later, Tim and I heard the alarm go off and immediately feet hit the floor. And I thought, "Total score! This is working!" But then the feet came to the hallway and a loud knock on our bedroom door.

"Mom?"
"Yeah?"
"My alarm is going off."
"I know. Go to the bathroom."
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"Because it's under my bed and it's too loud."
I'm cracking up at this point and I say, "It's ok, just go to the bathroom."
"Ok."

Footsteps to the bathroom, alarm shuts off on it's own, Simon crawls into bed, Tim and I laughed so hard I almost cried. Then I slept really well for having such a good laugh.

No comments: