Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Kindergarten

Well, I did it. The thing every Mama dreads to do as her firstborn approaches their fifth birthday.

I called the kindergarten school and made Eli's kindergarten screening appointment. He's so excited to go. Last night he was working on his letters and said, "If I don't study, I can't go to kindergarten." He knows they are going to ask him some things to see if he's ready to go to kindergarten. He knows he has to get shots before they let him go to kindergarten, which will happen this week when we take Simon for his last round of shots.

I can hardly believe five years ago I was pregnant with Eli, it seems like he has been with us forever or always; I almost can't remember life without him, but yet I can't believe it's almost time for him to start school.

A lot changes in five years, a different job, two jobs ago actually, the car we bought the week Eli was born we are selling this week (hopefully), we have since sold that house, our "starter" house and moved to a different town, not the one we grew up in, back then my sister didn't live with us, it was just me and Tim and my big huge belly and our dog. I almost forgot about her, she went to my Dad's when we moved. So much has changed, and I love it all! Never mind the lump in my throat when I hear the word kindergarten!

No comments: