Monday, April 30, 2007

Days Gone By

On Friday I went out with my two best friends from high school and one of their mom's. We spent the most time at her house in high school since her mom would drive us anywhere and they always had food, so it was fun to catch up with her too. She was the "cool" mom. That friend lives about a day's drive away, but she is good about trying to come back several times a year to visit, which is nice, but will probably change someday when she has a couple of kids to cart around.

We had so much fun. Two of us are married with kids now--we got to leave the kids at home and go out for dinner. Then at the "Mom's" suggestion, we all went back to our high school to watch their musical. They were doing "42nd Street," which incidently, we did when we were seniors in high school, 12 years ago. Can it have been that long ago?

We couldn't really even remember the show very well, which is funny since we spent so much time at rehearsals and working on it. Then we would totally laugh when we saw some of the same costumes, props or choregraphy we used (however their tap routines were much harder than ours, kudos to them! I had a hard enough time with the ones we did). In the realm of high school musicals, money is tight so once something is paid for it is used until it is no longer usable. They had the same director and pianist we had.

My one friend and I had fallen out of touch for a few years, but I'm really enjoying being in touch with both of them now. I look forward to many more evenings like this!! We just had so much fun. It was like old times, with the laughing at everything, anything and nothing. We need to do that more often!

It was very late when I got home and in the morning when I checked my phone I noticed my sister had called me, I guess she was worried since I don't ever stay out late. That made me laugh too! And happy that she was looking out for me; that relationship is changing too, we're turning into "sisters" instead of me being the "big sister" and I like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a fantastic time and I can't wait to do it again. I'm really enjoying this new connection and I'm looking forward to lots more laughs and fun times, too. :)