Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eli's Birthday

Happy Birthday Eli!

I can hardly believe you're 5 today. Was it just five years ago I was in labor with you? You, the baby who preferred the womb to the outside world and had to be coaxed out? And now you want to rush off to start kindergarten without me. How can this be? It seems like time has gone so fast and yet, I can hardly remember life before you came into our family.

You are the one who made me a mom and our couple a family. You are the one who gave me the confidence that I could have more children. You are the one that made Tim love being a dad. You made my parents grandparents and made us all fall in love with you!

You, my little blondie boy who is just like me in so many ways, both good and bad. We are learning together, you and me and we make a good pair-especially with Noah and Daddy along to remind us to have fun along the way and Simon for us to dote on. We're the caretakers, and I appreciate the help you have come to provide in 5 years.

I can only imagine what the next five years will bring. More swimming lessons, practices of sports, games, homework, sleepovers, funny stories full of your wild imagination, tantrums, fights, whispers of love, kisses so sweet, boo boos, owies, memories to last me a lifetime and ending with a 10 year old boy who grows more independent by the day. It both scares me and excites me to see you grow up and into the boy God wants you to be.

I'm thankful to be a part of your life, this growing up, and feel bad that you take the brunt of us learning how to parent a new phase--but God knew that was the case and gave you the personality to withstand the shortcomings until we get it together.

You are a wonderful big brother, a story teller, an artist, a learner, a child of god, a singer, a rule follower, a "shooter", a fast runner, an old soul, a dreamer, and most of all, full of love. I'm so glad you're our boy!


Happy 5th Birthday Eli!

No comments: