Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Girlfriends

Last week was the boys last day at the daycare; we're having a sitter come to the house now instead. I knew we would have stuff to take home, extra clothes, blankets, pillows, and papers so I left work early so we would have plenty of time to load up and for all the good-byes.

I went upstairs to get Eli and he told all of his friends good bye and hugged them and grabbed my hand and down the steps we went. Halfway down he says, "I have a new girlfriend."
"You do? Who?"
"C"
"Oh, she's a kindergartener right? I thought you liked her when you have talked about her. But what about T, I thought you were going to marry her?"
"No, we broke up."

BROKE UP? Ya'll he just turned 5!

Then, as we are walking outside to take out the first load of blankets, "C" is getting out of the daycare van as the kids are just getting back from school.

Eli meets her on the steps and they hug, and then he kisses her on the cheek.

I try to act nonchalant, but for crying out loud! A kiss?

And he's my shy one! What am I in for with my three cutie boys?!?

No comments: