Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Moving Day

I went home at lunch today to throw dinner in the crock pot, and as I'm doing things in the kitchen I hear someone walking round and banging noises upstairs.

Remember that now the boys and the sitter are at home during the day, so it's not like I thought we were being robbed or something.

On with the story-I decided to see what Noah was up to, because Eli was laying down downstairs and Simon was in his crib, so it had to be Noah. As I round the corner to the staircase, I see Noah coming down the stairs. He's almost crying, and I say, "What are you doing? What's wrong?"

"Simon doesn't want to be in that room! He wants to be in a different room."

"What are you talking about? Simon is taking a nap in his crib."

"But he doesn't want to be in that room."

I have no idea what he is talking about other than Simon is in the nursery by himself and Eli and Noah share a room and maybe he thinks Simon wants to be in there with them? I don't know.

We get to the top of the stairs and I look down the hall and what do I see? Well, of course I see the crib out in the hallway. With Simon standing in the middle of the crib looking at me smiling. I look at Noah and say, "Did you do that?"

"Yeah, Simon didn't want to be in there, he wanted to be in there," pointing to the room across the hall from the nursery.

He had pushed the crib out of the nursery and into the hall and was trying to get it into the room across the hall from the nursery, but it has carpet and he couldn't get enough uumph to roll from the hardwood up onto the carpet.

I sent Noah back to bed and then had to fight with the crib to get it back in the nursery. There's not much room to spare to fit it through the door, so no wonder we had heard some banging around. We had thought it was Noah with his feet on the wall, he does that a lot.

Simon thought naptime was over and threw his pacifier down and wanted out. I snuggled with him for a minute and put him back to bed.

Hopefully they all ended up sleeping, or we are in for a cranky evening tonight!

No comments: