Friday, July 06, 2007

Wedding Shower

We had my sister's wedding shower a little over a week ago with over 80 people in attendance. She's only having one shower so it was our family both sides, and his family both sides plus friends!
Here's Noah looking longingly at the chocolate fountain. Which was a huge hit by the way.

Here're the three cakes I made and iced (one chocolate, one yellow and one cinnamon swirl):

Here's what the tent looked like before all the people cameOnce the guests arrived I was busy and my batteries died in my camera so no more pictures. She got such nice things, and this past weekend they signed a lease for their apartment so everthing they got they started moving in.

She's also clearing out all of her things from our kitchen and I didn't realize how much of what's in my kitchen is hers. She's accumulated a lot of kitchen items in the five years she's lived with us.

The wedding's only five weeks from tomorrow so we're in the final stage of wedding prep. She's having her fitting next week for her dress and our dresses are in so we'll need to see how that fits. Tim needs to get fitted for his tux in the next week and I need to see if I can find something for Eli to wear so we don't have to rent a tux. But I need to get on that in case we can't find what we want and he needs to get a tux.

We're still trying to figure out a girls party for the Bride (no bar hopping-any ideas anyone?) and getting things together for the rehearsal dinner. The dinner will be at our house but we haven't figured out if we are going to do the food ourselves or have it catered or have some friends help. I think it would be fun to have it catered, but of course that's more expensive so we'll see.

No comments: