Friday, September 28, 2007

Big Kid

I had a church meeting and on my way home I called Tim to make sure he had started to get the kids ready for bed. He hadn't. They were still outside, playing. In the dark. He said Eli really wanted to wait until I was home to show me something.

I pulled up to the house slowly since I didn't know where everyone was and I saw Eli on his bike and then it dawned on me what he wanted to show me.

Tim had taken his training wheels off of his bike. As soon as I parked and got out and Eli came riding toward me, yelling, "Help me stop Mom, help me stop!"

Just before he got to me he fell over, but was happy as a clam that he was riding his bike without training wheels. He still needs some practice, but was doing great. He's one more step into the life of a big kid.

I'll get a picture of him riding this weekend-it was too dark last night.

No comments: