Thursday, September 27, 2007

Growing up

I turned the crib into a big boy bed for Simon over the weekend. Which means I took one side off and replaced it with a side rail. I put the side rail all the way to one end which leaves the right size opening for him to climb in. However since our crib has drawers underneath it's a little tall so we put a stool there for him to climb up on. He thinks he's big stuff.

He's rolled against the side rail twice and fallen out (his first nap before he went to sleep and the first night). Now he'll bump it but has learned it's not sturdy like the crib sides. Some nights he doesn't want a story or to rock, he just climbs up into bed and grabs his Grinch and waits for you to cover him up. He's so independent!

On Sunday for naptime Noah was using the stool to go to the toilet so I helped Simon get in his bed. When Noah was done I was tucking him in for his nap and I heard something in the bathroom. I look in there and the stool was gone. I looked in the nursery and Simon was just climbing back into bed-he had gotten out of bed, gone in the bathroom and gotten the stool and put it beside the crib and then used it to crawl back in. Apparently, the stool has but one use now!

My sister came over on Tuesday and I asked Simon if he wanted to show her his new bed. He took off down the hall, got really giddy and climbed up in his bed and just laughed and smiled and awaited her approval.

It's a little earlier than I made the transition with the other boys but since we are sharing a sitter and alternating houses, Simon naps in a regular bed, not a crib at the other house and was having some trouble with that. I figured if he had more freedom at home but learned to stay in bed anyway it would be easier for the sitter at the other house. Hopefully that's the case.

No comments: