Wednesday, September 19, 2007

These Boys of Mine

When the alarm went off this morning Tim hit snooze instead of off, so by the next time it went off Simon was awake and I was getting Eli ready for school.

Simon is one to just hang out in the crib singing and talking to his stuffed animals or himself or whatever. He was in his crib, just hanging out in the dark, awake and when he hears the alarm, he yells, "Quiet!"

Eli & I looked at each other and just laughed. Tim got the alarm shut off and until he did Simon kept yelling "Quiet!"

If he wakes up too early and is talking Tim will yell in to the nursery "Quiet!" I guess he's been listening.

****
Then as Noah is getting dressed he tells me he wishes he had two moms.
"Two moms? Why"
"Well, I just like moms so I want two."
"Oh, well that would be kind of weird and you can't really have two moms."
"Well, I just want a brown one."
"One with brown hair or brown skin?"
"Brown skin."
"Oh."
"And brown hair." As Tim is walking through the bedroom, "I'll keep him though because he has brown hair."

So am I flattered because he likes me and wants two moms, or concerned because he thinks he needs two moms, one (me) just isn't cutting it? Am I happy that he doesn't see race as an issue or concerned that he's putting the emphasis on the color of the skin? Mostly, I think he's Noah and he makes me laugh, I love that kid!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So cute! Kids speak their mind with no reservations! I love it!