Monday, September 17, 2007

The daredevil

The boys were playing on the back porch and Simon was riding the little car he always rides. He so enjoys that car and tries to sneak it in the kitchen when I'm not paying attention.

Tim and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking with the door open to the back porch so we could see the kids. Simon said something to get our attention and I looked at him.

He had a mischevious grin on his face as he had both of his feet on the seat of the little car and was holding on to the steering wheel. I didn't really react but told Tim to look at his daredevil son. Then the little thrillseeker let go of the steering wheel and stood all the way up. Like a trick rider. I was not expecting him to do that, he's only 19 months old.

I wanted to yell to tell him to get down but I was afraid that would startle him and he'd fall and hit his head on the concrete, so I just looked wide eyed and quiet. Then, so carefully he got down, without falling, and I told him we don't stand on the seat. I don't think he'll care to remember.

Tim's just laughing the whole time. Simon is a lot like him and a daddy's boy, and Tim loves every minute of it.

Maybe it would be nice to have a girl, but our luck she'd be just like the boys and I think that would be worse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a soul sister. I came here from Pioneer Woman.....

I'm a Janelle as well with three boys! :) And we have a daredevil at our house as well!