Thursday, September 13, 2007

Twins?

My mother in law will be happy to find out that I went to my midwife yesterday and she found the heartbeat right away. I joked and said, "As long as there aren't two!" She asked if I thought it was twins.

I explained that Tim's grandpa is a twin so we always feel like it's a real possibility. For some reason this time around, Tim has been bringing up the possibility of twins and wanted me to have them see if they could tell for sure.

"Do you want to do a twin check?"
"Yeah, is that a big deal?"
"No, let's just go across the hall."

I hopped up on the table and she woke up the ultrasound machine and plopped it on my belly. And whoop, there was my baby!

She asked if I saw it and I pointed to it on the screen and then she asked if I saw the heart beating, but I couldn't quite tell where to look.

Once she turned the screen so there wasn't a glare, I could see the whole baby and what I thought was the whole baby was just the body-it was much bigger than what I thought. I could see the little heart beat. And only one.

Then I very distinctly felt like it was a boy after that, but maybe that's because with every ultrasound I've had, they always say, "It's a boy!"

Time will tell. I'm in no hurry. The baby looked good and that was very exciting to me!

No comments: