Thursday, October 11, 2007

Parenting hiccup

I've been kind of scarce this week, I know. We're having some parenting issues with stealing and then lying to cover it up and outright bad behavior.

I just don't know what to do. Is it a phase? Or is it fundamental? Is there a lack of one on one attention since starting school?

Why do they not come with a handbook, or at least a quick little cheat sheet for things like this?

If it's just a kid phase, I'll not stress about it, but I don't want to end up with a stealing, lying 10 year old who moves on to more serious crimes. It could happen, just read headlines or watch the news.

Our kids aren't generally bad so I'm sort of at a loss for punishments and techniques.

All this to say I'm a little worried about adding another if I don't have a handle on boys I have now. I'm a little worried about my parenting skills. We'll get it figured out though, we always do. It's just hard in the middle of it all.

No comments: