Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Talking

The boys and I were finishing breakfast Sunday morning and I was done and just sitting at the table. Eli was putting his dishes in the dishwasher and Noah and Simon were still eating.

Noah looks at me with his impish grin and said, “Why is no one talking?”

“You and Simon are still eating so you’re not talking and Eli and I just don’t have anything to say right now.”

“Well someone should talk.”

“Noah someone doesn’t have to be talking ALL the time.”

His eyes start to sparkle and his dimples emerge, “Yes they do Mom!” Then he starts to laugh.

I look at Eli and we both just bust out laughing. And yes, in Noah’s world someone should be talking all the time, preferably him, and in a loud voice, just in case you hadn't noticed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Noah and Charlotte will be talkative friends for a long, long time. :)