Friday, April 18, 2008

Accident

Eli & I saw a car accident on our way to the grocery-a delivery truck hit an SUV and rolled it. It was very scary and if we had been 20 seconds earlier on our way to the grocery that delivery truck would have hit us. Right on the side where Jesse and Eli sit. After I got off the phone with 911 I had to just sit a minute and regain myself. I mean, what if something happened to my boys? I start to cry just thinking about it. We said a prayer for everyone in the accident and went on. There were no serious injuries-the delivery driver jumped out right away and ran over to the SUV and the guy in the SUV crawled out the passenger side window with a bloody nose. It could have been so, so much worse!

We only saw the accident from after the impact so we weren't good witnesses and there were 2 other cars stopped that had seen the whole thing so they stayed. What I did realize though is that while I reacted quickly (I was going for my phone almost instantly) I would be a terrible witness. I think the SUV rolled, but I really don't know, and I saw it, I know I did. Eli said it rolled, he said he saw it too. Based on the damage I'm sure it did, we went back that way after we got groceries and they were just hooking it up to the tow truck. The roof was smashed in and it would have rolled to have that kind of damage.

Eli was also very impressed that I called 911. I told him, "Well, it was an emergency!" He said it was a good thing I had gotten my phone. I had been charging it and went back for it before we left "just in case we need it". Maybe that took about an extra 20 seconds. God is good my friends, God is good!

4 comments:

Ariel said...

All the time God is good. It's hard seeing stuff like that because you inevitably start thinking about "What if that had been me?" "What if I had made that last red light?" It always amazes me how big God is and that He cares for little ole us. Glad you're safe!

Jessica said...

Wow! What a story. I agree, God is good. I can't tell you how many times I have seen things happen and I think, what if I hadn't turned around and grabbed this, or what if I had been a few minutes earlier. God is our protector.

Anonymous said...

God is SOOOO good! I'm glad you're all okay and it seems that everyone involved will be okay, too. We've been in that situation (and we've been the ones hit once, too) and it's nerve-racking either way. I'm sure your quick response was appreciated (by more folks than Eli).

You're setting wonderful example for your boys.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.