Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dinner Discussions

We had some spicy food for dinner so Noah asked for butter bread. Which, oddly enough has become his pattern lately. Clean plate, ask for butter bread.

As I'm buttering it I ask if he wants it folded. He said he did so I put butter on half of it and folded it.

A little bit later he asked if he could have another piece. I said sure and he got the bread and handed it to me.

"Will you butter it for me?"

"Sure, do you want it folded in half?"

An almost indiscernable hesitation and then, "No."

"Okay." I proceed to butter the whole piece of bread and hand it to Noah.

He takes it and looks at me out of the corner of his eye as he starts to grin and fold his bread in half.

"Noah why did you say you didn't want it folded if you did?"

"Well, because I thought you wouldn't put butter on the whole piece."

Indeed!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That one is so smart! :)

Deanna said...

It seems like kids are always one step ahead of us, huh?? :)