Monday, May 04, 2009

Pick me up

Tim and Simon were outside and Tim told me this story. I just can't not blog it!

Tim was standing on a chair changing a lightbulb when Simon rolled up on Eli's scooter and said, "What are you doing?"

"Changing a lightbulb."

Simon put his head down and said something in his deep little voice that Tim couldn't hear and he started to scoot away.

"What Simon? You have to look at me when you talk to me."

"I said, I was thinking you could get down off that chair and pick me up and give me a hug and put me back down and then get back on that chair," as he's scooting away.

"Well I can do that, do you want me to do that?" Tim says to the back of Simon.

"Not now!"

"Are you going to come back or do I have to come and get you?"

Simon again answered something in his deep little voice that Tim couldn't hear. But he took his time and came back around, so it must have been a "yes."

Tim got off the chair, picked Simon up, gave him a hug, set him back down and then got back on the chair to finish changing the light bulb, just as Simon suggested.

Those two just melt my heart.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Oh, that is so touching! I love the bond that exists between loving fathers and sons!

Peyton talk said...

What a moment to cherish!

denise1006 said...

lol , i dont think any of my boys ever have asked for a hug... but that story sure makes me wish they did. :)

Deanna said...

I LOVE this story! I'll be smiling all day just thinking about it.