Monday, February 22, 2010

Training Update

Well, I hit the trail again this weekend. I wanted to start back running last weekend, but with all the ice and snow I didn't want to risk slipping and messing up my toe again. My toe seems totally fine when I'm walking or running, but if I have to catch my balance with it, it still twinges.

To start, I ran just less than an mile. At first I kept having to tell myself that I needed to just run and not favor it or anything. My toe was all I could think about. Then about 3/10 of a mile in, I started to realize that my lungs aren't in such good shape anymore, then I noticed that my legs were feeling it and I had to start to focus on my breathing, and then at around the half mile mark I realized my toe must be just fine because I wasn't thinking about it at all. I was focused on my running.

We are at T-13 until race day. That makes me freak out! I have a lot to do in the next week.

It was nice to run again. I think I'm an addict.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.