Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Second!

Well, Jesse is 2. For the last six months when you ask him how old he is he has said "Two!" and now it's true.

It's hard to believe it's been two years since I've had a baby. And now that baby thinks he's about five and acts like it too. He's funny, and likes to be funny so he's starting to do things to make us laugh. You can tell he's the baby of the family. He likes to wrestle with the boys and immitate whatever it is they are doing, whether it's playing Wii or running races in the hallway, he's right there with them. He loves to ride his bike and play with tractors in the dirt and can do those things for hours. This summer is going to be a good summer for him.

I love that when he kisses you he grabs ahold of both of your cheeks and pulls you in to plant a big one on your mouth with a loud "mmuuhh" and no actual kiss. I love that he learned how to give a real kiss the day before his birthday and would only give them to me, on my forehead, not to any of his brothers! I love that he still dances all the time. And that his favorite thing is dum dum suckers and when you mention them he wiggles his body and does a little Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm (just like the Campbell's soup commercials). I love that he's just a little guy and I can still carry him around when I want to.

He has a ton of energy and the mind to get him in a lot of trouble in the days to come, and while it's a challenge, I love it. I wouldn't want him any other way. It makes me so happy that he's the reason we get to say we have four boys, God has both blessed and challenged us with Jesse, and I'm thankful for it. I love that little guy!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Wow--I can't believe he's TWO already!!! Happy birthday, Jesse!