Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween Party

We took the kids to a halloween party last night. They had tons of fun. We ate pizza and then everyone put their costumes on and went outside for "trick-or-treat." The Dad's stood around different parts of the backyard and all the kids went around to them to trick-or-treat. They got some fun stuff and only a little candy, so that was good. Then they got to decorate halloween cupcakes with all sorts of fun stuff like sprinkles and candy corn. They had so much fun. It was so fun to see all the little children in their costumes.

The boys took field trips to the "pumpkin patch" with the daycare and they each got a pumpkin, so we made jack-o-lanterns yesterday afternoon. Which was an adventure for me, as I have never carved a pumpkin before. As a kid we always just drew on them with markers, never cut them up. So here is my first attempt at jack-o-lanterns, and it wasn't too bad if I do say so myself.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: