Friday, October 13, 2006

Sleep

Okay, so this keeping and getting Mom up in the night thing that’s been going on this week has got to stop. Last night we added a new participant.

Simon was back at it, he was up at 2:30 and 5. When I put him back to bed at 5:35, he was not a happy camper. He was crying mad, and then he pooped. So I went and changed him (it was messy and got on everything so I went ahead and dressed him).

While I’m trying to settle him down to go back to sleep Tim peeks his head out of our bathroom and says, I need your help when you have a minute. I go in there and he has his one eye lid pulled out and says he thinks there’s something in his eye. I looked and all I could see was a couple of white dots on the inside of his eyelid. It hurt him so bad he couldn’t put his eyelid down, and he decided he had to go to the hospital. I decided he couldn’t drive himself. I’m glad it only takes about 5 minutes to get there.

We both jumped in clothes, and told my sister we were leaving and that the boys were all asleep. They, of course, got up early, but she got them ready and they were eating breakfast when we got back at 8. Turns out, Tim has an upper respiratory infection and conjunctivitis in his eye. So they gave him something to clear up the infection and told him not to work today and not to wear his contacts until he’s better. We were right at 2 hours at the ER, so that wasn’t too bad, although the place was empty so it seemed like it would have been faster.

Okay, so maybe tonight I’ll get that full night’s sleep. I said maybe! Maybe if I go to bed with the boys at 8:30 I can get about 5 hours in before someone wakes me up….that just might be the ticket!

If you can't beat them, join them!

No comments: