Sunday, November 19, 2006

Girl's Night Out

Well, we had our girls night out on Friday. It was just me and one of my best friends from high school and it was so fun! We had dinner with no little children to feed or take care of-what a treat. We caught up some on the few years we had drifted apart, well some anyway. We talked finances, husbands, marriages, kids, church, friends, etc. She has grown into a wonderful God loving wife and mother. It was so exciting to see her in that way.

We first got in touch again last year at our 10 year high school reunion and have been talking and e-mailing since then, but this was the first one on one time we've had. We both really enjoyed it and of course, enjoyed the evening away from the kiddos. I still had to get home in time to nurse Simon, but Tim, being a great husband, kept him occupied so I could stay out later than I normally would. He's very good to me and is excited that I took some time to do something without the kids and with a friend. After all, his mantra is "Happy Wife, Happy Life!" He was told that by the husband of a Christian couple that we very much respect and he figures if it works for them, it should work for us. Turns out, it does :-)

Spending some time with my friend has done wonders for me, and I'm feeling good. Plus we have Thanksgiving coming up this week, and it's the beginning of the holiday season, and may just be my favorite holiday. All the good food and family time, without having to cart around presents and the like.

No comments: