Friday, March 23, 2007

Sickness

What a few days of sickness we have had!

It started Saturday morning with Simon waking up at six with the messiest dirty diaper I have changed in all of my diaper changing career (barring potty training, Noah still takes the cake there!).

I needed Tim's help just to get him out of his PJs. It was soaked through his onsie up to his armpits and had seeped out of his pajamas somehow and gotten on his hands and then he rubbed his face and hair...

He continued in that same vein of dirty diaper all weekend.

I thought maybe it was a mild reaction to his most recent round of shots. Then on Monday morning at 4, Noah comes in our room and says very matter of factly, "I puked on my pillow." Such a pleasant way to start the week.

I worked from home so I could stay home with him and at 2 I was headed back to the daycare to get Eli, he had thrown up too.

I will say that I have some pretty good sick kids. Eli made it to the bathroom every time he had to get sick, even during the night. Noah, while he would throw up on his covers and sheets; when he was up he would hold his hands in front of his mouth until we made it to the toilet.

I didn't have too much to clean up other than sheets. Monday night I changed Noah's sheets three times. And to Tim's credit, even though he can't handle the throwing up very well, was right there with me helping out, so that was nice.

I'm behind on my regular laundry since all I've done is wash sheets and blankets all week, but I got the boys caught up this morning and my sister's caught up yesterday, so it's just mine and Tim's that I'm behind on and I do some of ours on Saturday anyway.

Thursday I sent Eli & Noah both back to the daycare since they were feeling better and at 8:27 the daycare called and said Noah didn't eat much breakfast and then ran to the bathroom and threw up. So back home we went.

He was fine the rest of the day, so I sent them all again today, and so far so good, but we'll see.

I hope no one else gets it, Tim's dad came and watched them for half the day on Wednesday and my sister the other half, I stayed home two days and Tim stayed home one day, so we were all exposed.

I think we have a lot of disinfecting to do this weekend, but I think we are all on the mend.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh no! I hope you guys have a sickness free weekend! It's awful when it spreads through the whole family. It seems that my husband and Jake always get sick first and when they are better I get sick...naturally! I am hoping for a good weekend for you!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope everyone is ok now and that no one else gets it. I will stay away from grandpa, just in case.