Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Well today is my anniversary-my real anniversary with Tim, not a blogging anniversary.


It's been eight years. They've been, by far, the best eight years of my life. Although I enjoyed the four years of dating before that too, marriage has perks.


Who would have guessed the comment I made when I was 15 would come back to be the biggest irony of my life? I distinctly remember seeing Tim and his girlfriend in a fight and thinking he was a jerk I said, and I quote, "I would never date anyone even like him!" And here I am married to him. What an odd progression our relationship took!


I'm thankful for the years we've had together so far and I look forward to seeing what God will continue in us individually and as a couple and family. It's exciting to watch you change into the provider/father/husband role that you now are and it's exciting to become the wife/mother/nuturer that God wants me to be for you. I can't imagine my life any other way than with you and caring for our family.

You help me remember to loosen up and have fun which I forget sometimes. I love how you want the best for me, no matter the cost. I love that your life's mantra is "Happy wife, happy life." I appreciate your honesty with me in all things. I really appreciate how you love to spoil me-I wish we could afford more of it!

We have made so many good memories over these years! It's been quite a ride so far and I'm excited for it to continue for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

For some reason when you say "never" funny things happen! :) Congrats on 8 years! :)