Thursday, August 09, 2007

Secrets

Eli has hit the age where he thinks telling secrets is cool.

He comes over to me and says, "Come here Mom I want to tell you a secret."

I squat down so he can reach my ear and he says, "But don't tell Noah." I tell him I won't and he looks around stealthily to make sure Noah can't hear and whispers, "T (the baby sitter) is going to bring "Buzz" tomorrow so we can watch it, but don't tell Noah."

"So it's a surprise for Noah?"

"Yeah, it's a suprise for Noah."

"Well, that sounds like fun."

Then Noah, who has to do the same things as Eli comes over and says, "I need to tell you a secret Mom."

He's still a "close whisperer" where you can feel their steamy breath all the way down to your ear drum. I remember those days from my sister quite vividly and it still gives me the willies! I cock my head to the side to deflect some of the moisture from his breath and he continues, "I don't know what you want for your birthday, but you can tell me what you want."

I whisper back to him, "I already told daddy what bracelet I want-you just make sure he gets it for me."

Talking now, "Well, I think you like pink or purple for a bracelet."

"I already told Daddy what kind, but you can help him pick it out."

"Okay!"

1 comment:

mandy said...

LOL! cute story!!!
just wandering through and found your blog.
:)
blessings today.