Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Keen Eye and Ear

Over our Christmas break, we had just finished watching the news and a movie started. It didn't say what it was so we kept watching to see if it was something we wanted to watch or not.

It had beautiful scenery, mountains, water, and castles, so Tim and I both were interested. Then it panned to the top of a hill where you see a woman amongst the wildflowers and she breaks into "The hills are alive with the Sound of Music!"

Tim and I both said, "Oh!" It has been awhile since I've seen the very beginning of that movie, or really seen it at all.

Next the camera zooms in on "Maria" singing and Noah says, "Hey, that girl looks like Mary Poppins!" I looked at Noah amazed, and told him it was the same girl, she was just in a different movie. He has a very sharp mind for things like that. I'm interested to see what he does in life.

A day or so later my mom was over and put in the CD from her all-time favorite musical, and Noah said he thought it was Mary Poppins singing. Again, I'm amazed with that boy! Indeed, it was Julie Andrews singing in Camelot, which he had not ever heard, much to my mother's horror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kid's a GENIOUS!! Call up Mensa now!! :)

Jessica said...

Now THAT is skill!