Monday, September 01, 2008

Recommendation

When we got back from vacation I was pretty busy catching up with life around home so I didn't post a lot about it, but I'd be remiss if I didn't post some things, so those will be forthcoming.

Our friends that we stayed with let me read a book of theirs (Thanks!). It was short, but so incredibly intense. You may have heard of it, it's called The Shack by William P Young.

It's a fictional story about one man's meeting with God for a weekend. It feels like a real account the way it's written, and who knows, maybe that's what it'd be like to meet God. If so, I want to experience it!

It really dispelled my notions of what God is really like. It made me think about a lot of things in different ways than I have before.

I gave the book back when I was done, but having only read it once, I feel like I need to ready it again, to get the full meaning. There is a lot of theology in the book and that's hard to absorb quickly (for me anyway).

I plan on buying the book and re-reading it. I encourage you all to read it too. My mom is on a waiting list at the library for it so other people think it's good too!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Sounds like something I'd like, too. I put it on my "wish list" on PaperbackSwap.com. Hopefully someone lists it!! :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Deanna said...

I just requested it from the library and I'm 224th in line. I'm 31st in line for the 8 CD audio version. It MUST be a good read!!