Monday, February 16, 2009

Training Update

Okay, I'm getting some serious miles in these days. This weekend was over 9 1/2 miles, which is just so far! My trouble is I could hardly put one foot in front of the other by the end--my legs were so tired!

I'm not sure how I'm going to complete over 13 miles in less than three weeks! See my countdown on the sidebar, there are so few days left! I have some serious work left to do.

I did get some energy beans and used them this time around and I do think that helped. My plan at the race is to eat them every time they have water for us which is at almost every mile marker. When I ran this weekend I had them in the front pocket of my sweatshirt but I'm not going to be wearing a sweatshirt at the race so I'm not sure where or how to carry them. Maybe I should have gotten some shorts with pockets. I still have a few logistical things to figure out like that.

I'm getting really excited for the trip but a little nervous for the race.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I really admire that you are a runner. I wuold love to be one, but I HATE running lol. I wish you the best of luck though!

Dan and Peg said...

splurge and go get some cute running clothes, equipped with secret pockets for your beans. hey, It'll probably help with self confidence race day when you're in a spiffy running outfit!

Anonymous said...

You could always go with the timeless, classic, and always fashionable fanny pack. ;)

Janelle said...

We are getting matching shirts for me, my cousin, and three aunts that are participating too and tiaras too-it should be a hoot! So I should be feeling good in my spiffy running shirt (nicer than I'd get for myself I'm sure!).

I would hate to dive in the world of the fannie pack though--I might never get back!

I usually run with my phone in my hand so I'm used to carrying things while I run. Maybe I'll find a comfortable size of container to carry my beans in. Ideas?

Deanna said...

I'd give my right foot to see you in a fannie pack!! HA!!

Do they make little wrist pack kinds of things? Maybe you could pick up some canvas, velcro, and a zipper and whip one up before then. You could carry your beans on your wrist.

I'd imagine they'd get pretty "ripe" being in a shorts pocket. Ew.