Monday, July 06, 2009

Handsome

We went to a cook out at my aunt's house on the Fourth of July and had a really good time despite the cold weather and rain off and on.

My great-aunt was there (she's not much older than my mom) and we were walking along when she put her arm around me and said, "You know, every time I see Tim he gets more handsome." I just smiled and she continued. "I'll be at work and look up and OH! There he is, more handsome than the last time I saw him!" I just laughed and said, "Well, I certainly think he gets better looking all the time, but I thought I was the only one!"

She hugged me and said, "Well, you're not the only one who notices!"

"Good to know!" I said as I hugged her back. I was just tickled she made it a point to come and tell me that my husband gets better looking all the time. Having never been married herself, she's a relatively shy person in regards to men so I think she really meant it!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a kind remark! Handsomeness develops with age (increased wisdom?) so she is keen to notice.