Thursday, August 13, 2009

Work Schedule

I've been wanting to be home when Eli gets off the bus this year so I finally just asked if I could cut back my hours at work to make that possible. Our CEO said they would work with me.

No one in our whole company is less than full time or works a flexible schedule, so it would have to be a business decision the company would have to make to decide if they were willing to do or not.

Then I met with him and HR. They actually had some other alternatives that would help me keep most of my hours but work with my schedule.

Starting when school starts, I'll work from 7:30 to about 3:45 (a 45 min lunch so I have time to pick Noah up from school and drop him off at the sitters). That way I get the little boys picked up and back home for when Eli gets home from school. I can be home to help with homework, ask about his day, have snack, and make dinner. I'm really hoping this is the best of all worlds. I'm only cutting out half an hour of work each day so my salary is almost the same, but the extra time I get with my boys in the late afternoon: Priceless!

5 comments:

McBorn said...

YAY!!! Awesome news. I'm glad they went for it.

That will sure make evenings less hurried!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad for you. I know how hard it is as a working mom to be there for your kids when you want to be. I hope this schedule works well for you.

Jodie said...

So glad they worked with you!
Sounds like it will work out really well for you!

Peyton talk said...

What a great decision, and to have a place that works with you to be able to do it is awesome. Just don't get too tired getting up early.

Deanna said...

What a great plan!! Having that extra time at home and not taking a real pay cut to boot sounds like a good deal to me.