Monday, September 21, 2009

2.4

I went running on Sunday and took Eli and his bike with me. We've talked about going a lot but have never actually done it. But we did.

I took him on my favorite section of the bike path for a short run. We went on the old RR bridge and watched the river as well as crossed the railroad tracks, crunched huge sycamore leaves, fun things like that.

We went for 2.4 miles without stopping, which, I believe, is a personal record for me. I also really upped my pace to keep up with him on his bike, the pace I want to be running. It was a 10 minute mile pace and it wasn't too bad. I may make my goals for the half yet if I keep taking Eli with me to keep me on pace.

I enjoy my solitude when I run so I won't take him with me everytime, but I definitely will take him again. But Simon's next. He called it.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sure the boys love going with you! Keep it up! :)

Deanna said...

Making memories and keeping healthy! Those are two things that definitely go hand-in-hand!

Dan and Peg said...

Awesome job at running for so long! Never thought of taking a kid on a bike to run with me. I think Rose's biking pace would be too fast!!! What a great idea, though. I know what you mean about the solitude when you run!