Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm at it again

Well, I'm at it again. I've signed up for another half marthon. I'm doing the same one I did this last spring. The Disney Princess Half Marthon in March.

I need to start training in earnest again. I did run on Sunday-two miles without stopping for a walk break, so I thought that was great. My pace was 11 minute miles-I'd like to be at 10 so I need to be able to maintain the pace I start with instead of dropping off.

My goal for the half marathon last time was to finish and avoid the "bus of shame". I didn't know what else to be able to expect from myself and my body. This time around, I know I can do it, and I don't have a baby that's nursing, so I have upped my goal: finish without taking a walk break.

That means run (or jog really) for 13.1 miles straight. At this point I'm not sure if that's a reasonable goal or not, but I think it is. If I do that and can run at my training pace (running with thousands of other people is very different) I should be able to finish in less than 2 hours 30 minutes. But we'll see, those are lofty goals for a runner of my experience and dedication.

The bare bones goal is to finish in less time than I did last time. That I can do. If I train well. I think. We'll see. Don't pressure me!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! I'm sure you can do it! :)

Deanna said...

Awesome! You'll be GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Keeping busy with four sons, working full-time for money, preparing a beautiful, romantic place for a"sweet" wedding or reception, and keeping house... the Proverb's woman does what delights GOD, honors her husband, and makes her sons very proud... sounds like it is part of Mom caring well for herself!