Monday, July 19, 2010

Lightning Bugs

One of the things that is quintessentially summer to me is dusk and lightning bugs.

I find it so unfortunate for my boys that I don't get to stay home with them in the summer so they can stay up until it's dark and sleep in in the morning. They have to get up early because we have to get up early. However, I do let them stay up occasionally and catch them.

Here they are finding the first fireflys of the night.

(And yes, Noah has both a pirate sword and a gun-it's best to remember it's a house full of boys.)

Simon with one crawling up is arm.


Jesse did pretty good catching them for as little as he is.


Noah showing Jesse his handful.


Eli liked to watch them crawl around and then fly away.

Showing their catches to Daddy.

The best part was when Eli ran up to me and gave me a hug and said, "You're the best mom ever." Maybe I don't need to stay home for them to have these wonderful memories!

Now as it starts to get dark if Jesse notices them coming out he says, "Light-knee queen bugs!" I laugh every time.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Indeed, you ARE a great mom!