Friday, December 03, 2010

Dinner Discussions

I haven't posted a dinner discussion in a while, just hasn't been anything good I guess, or maybe I just can't remember it long enough to get it in a blog post. But this one is worth posting!

Noah asked me, "Mom, what does _________ mean?" [I use the line because I have NO recollection of what word he asked, I'm telling you my memory is shot!]

I told him what it meant and used it in a sentence.

Noah looked at me and said, "It's like you're my own 'Word Girl'."

I smiled and said, "Maybe I am Word Girl." Noah laughed, Eli snickered.

Then Eli said, "You aren't Word Girl, we'd know!"

I smiled and said, "You would? Word Girl's family doesn't know she's Word Girl." Dramatic pause. "Do they?"

Then I popped another bite in my mouth and just looked at him and smiled while I chewed. It threw him off a little bit. He just looked at me, you could see the wheels turning, and then asked, "Well, you aren't, are you?"

I laughed and said, "No, I really don't have time for all that!"

Simon piped in with, "And you don't have a cape!"

Indeed. I don't have a cape.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

If you need one, I can fashion you a Word Girl cape so you can get about the business of making sure the world is literate!

denise1006 said...

ah isnt it great that our kids think we are super heros in hiding. lol Don't worry your secret is safe with me.