Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Noah Tales

Noah was out playing the other day, kind of just walking around and talking to himself, not doing a whole lot and then he comes running to me.

"Mom! Did you see there are flowers over there? They're so beautiful!"

He apparently didn't see Tim plant the daisies a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see "new" flowers that were as tall as him. I love that he's like his dad and can appreciate beautiful things.


*****

We went to my cousin's wedding over the weekend and sat with my dad and his wife at the reception. During dinner my dad is always harassing my kids some way or another and once in a while they give it back and I love it!


A little backstory here. Almost 17 years ago on my 13th birthday my mom cut my hair--it had never been cut before and it was down around my knees. She only cut it to my waist mind you, but my dad was mad. So I told him if he liked long hair so much he should let his grow long. And he didn't cut his hair for over 15 years. I'm not kidding! Last year it was in very bad need of a cut so he got it cut and promptly decided to grow it out again. So by now it's down about to his shoulders again.


Back to my original story.


Noah was sitting between my dad and me during the reception dinner and Noah leans over to me and says, "He has hair like a girl." I just laughed and laughed and asked my dad if he heard Noah. He hadn't heard so I told him. He kind of snickered since he knew Noah was right but didn't seem very happy that Noah compared him to a girl. But hey, he's 3 and he calls them like he sees them!

No comments: