Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sweetness or Orneryness?

Simon has been getting up in the night and wanting you to rock him back to sleep, then if he's not in a deep sleep when you lay him down he'll starting crying again and you start the whole thing over. Well, a different mom might, but when I am woken up in the night for no real reason, my patience is short. I'll do it once, maybe twice, but don't push it beyond that. Now if there is a legitimate reason, I'm perfectly fine, but if there's not....


The other night the 4th time Simon got up I just let him cry and told him to get back in bed. So then he's standing at the door between our room and the nursery crying and saying, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy."

"What Simon?"

"Mommy, wuuv you."

"I love you too, now get back in bed." Yeah, I rank right up there for Mother of the Year, I know.

More crying. Eventually Tim got him and rocked him back to sleep (in my defense Tim hadn't come to bed yet and was still up, I was already asleep). One other day we couldn't even get him back to sleep no matter how much we rocked him, and really couldn't get him to stop crying. He wasn't crying like something was hurt, just crying. We tried putting him in bed with us and that didn't work either. That day Tim ended up taking him down on the couch and eventually they slept. Tim's good to me when I need the help.

One other night Simon just came in our room and I let him crawl into bed beside me, and surprisingly enough he went to sleep. I was worried since we had tried that the night before and that's when they ended up on the couch.

Now anytime Simon wants to say something he'll just say, "Wuuv you." Like last night he was walking by Tim and put his hand out to touch Tim and said, "Daddy, wuuv you." It's so precious!

Or is he just wrapping us around his little finger? He's smart enough, I wouldn't put it past him.


Eli and Noah did the same repeating thing for a while, so I guess maybe we should just enjoy the "I love you's" while we can. There will be some day when that won't be cool, but not now. However, I still have to steal kisses from Simon though, he is just so ornery or sweet?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

so cute! I'm not so cute in the middle of the night. Donnie has learned that those times are when he needs to get up. "Sleepy-time Jessica" is not always very nice.

Liz said...

I'm afraid I don't even wake up anymore. I can't tell you how many times I wake up in the morning with a little one next to me and I don't even know whey they got there.