Thursday, February 21, 2008

Family Fun

Well, I talked about it before, and this past weekend my sister called me to see if we wanted to go see the Veggie Tales movie. It was in one of the local cheap theatres and we were up for a Pirate adventure!

I was helping Simon get his coat on, and he says to me, "Church?" I said, "No, we're going to go see a movie." Then as we're trying to corral everyone out the door so we're not late, Simon heads to the family room and turns on the TV. Tim started to yell at him, but I just laughed. We never GO to the movies, we just watch a movie at home. Poor little Simon couldn't figure out why he had to put his coat on to watch a movie and was just trying to help.

We got there with plenty of time to spare, even had time for Eli and Noah to play a video game at the little arcade there. Then we met up with my sister and her husband, found a whole row to sit in and throughly enjoyed the movie. Simon did pretty good. He sat with each person for a little while during the movie and enjoyed a few snacks.

I think I laughed more than the kids did, but I just love a well written Veggie Tales story!

Then afterwards we went to my sister's and had pizza. Josh and Mary showed Eli and Tim how to play Lego Star Wars on the Wii, it was entertaining to say the least! I think the most fun part was when they were creating Tim and Eli's characters for the Wii. Or it could have been when Tim and Eli were playing the game and Eli would walk in the wrong direction and Tim would have to follow him since Eli was the first player.

On Sunday the boys got out the Pirate ship they got from my girlfriend for Christmas and played pirates. I have a feeling it's going to get a lot of use for a while!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aw, how cute...Simon and Jake have the same first movie theater movie! :)